Sunday 23 February 2014

The 5.2 Diet my story

well i have decided to start the 5.2 diet, i seem to have acquired 2 extra stone in the last year or so since giving up smoking and finding out i have an under-active thyroid.
my mum has the same problem and has had some amazing results with it losing over a stone in a matter of weeks.

my start weight after xmas was 11 stone 11 pounds, which is the heaviest i have ever been, considering i was 9 stone when i was 9 months pregnant with my first child 19 years ago it feels pretty upsetting to have gone up 2 dress sizes to a size 14 aghhhh

now i have been fasting for 5 weeks and after weighing myself on friday morning i was 11 stone 3 pounds!! very pleased with my results - I have lost 7 pounds since christmas and at least 5 of them were during the 5.2 diet how fab!!

the whole idea of the 5.2 diet is that you can eat whatever you like (within reason) on normal days and then on a fast day you only eat 500 calories or less, now its pretty hard to do at first and it took me a few tries to actually get it under 500 calories and even now i try and fail as i love food so much, but i dont give up i just try again the next day.

The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for just 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health

To help me along i joined a group on facebook - The 5.2 diet facebook Group its really helpful and supportive and has handy recipes and tips to help keep you going.


The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer


I plan to carry on and hope that by july i will fit into my size 12 bikini and all my summer clothes - any questions or tips please comment x

No comments:

Post a Comment