Monday 30 July 2012

An ill day - but planning for our olympic trip

Well today is an ill day, I had assumed it may just be a hangover from Saturday Night but having gone to bed early last night due to aches and pains, I still feel awful today so its a day in bed today, I need to get better as on Thursday, My son and I are going to Wimbledon to watch the quarter final Tennis Olympic style! woohoo.
    Hes so excited, so I need to be on top form. We travel down on Wednesday on the train, takes about 3 1/2 hours to get to London and luckily its straight through, I have a brilliant Auntie that lives about an hour away on the tube so we will be staying there. It will be nice to see her as we don't visit as much as we should due to living 250 miles away.
    We will be posting all kinds of pics here at the weekend and hope to write about our fab time and my son is so wanting to see his idol ANDY MURRAY.  We have got centre court tickets and great seats grade A. My boyfriend was so lucky to win them on a twitter competition. He only entered because i shouted at him too lol he didn't even understand twitter then. Took him a while to twig he had won as he didn't understand the messages part haha.
    we will also be visiting the museum, walking around to the other courts and hoping to see some famous people! woohoo.

Centre Court Map


This is where we are sitting! at the dark shaded 111 aisle. looks  good to me!

my sons are both tennis addicts, but my youngest Paul who is 13 is the most addictive tennis player ever. he plays daily and will run down to the local primary school every morning to have a hit about. he started playing last summer, he's joined the local tennis club and also goes to a tennis lesson once a week. I have also started him in another tennis club a little further away and paid for him to have some private lessons to help with his serve etc.
His school has tennis courts but shamefully they do not have tennis lessons in their PE curriculum. I wish that schools actually wanted the kids to do well in these type of sports Cricket, Tennis, Golf etc i don't understand how we are meant to have sports stars if the lessons and opportunities are not there for our kids.

Ok well more from me when i am feeling a little better......

1 comment: